Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Out of the Past You Would Like to See Revived
(08-01-2019, 04:34 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: 4. more reliance upon the liberal arts in education as a means of improving the lives of adults who might get something out of them other than vocational opportunity. The tragedy is not the welder who has a liberal arts degree; the tragedy is an accountant or engineer who sees the world only as economic metrics even if those metrics are people.

I often regret that I did not get much of a liberal arts education. I feel like I missed out on learning the classics and getting a full appreciation of Western culture. Most of what I do know is self-taught but there are many gaps - that is obvious to me. But then, with my tech degree I have been able to do well for myself in the economy, so my life just underscores this whole issue of how in the modern world the citizen has been transformed into a plug-in economic unit.
Steve Barrera

[A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

Saecular Pages

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things Out of the Past You Would Like to See Revived - by sbarrera - 08-17-2019, 08:32 AM