Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things Out of the Past You Would Like to See Revived
I watch MeTV on broadcast TV because I would like to live in the past and see it revived. Even though it's about murder and has a lot of negative behavior, no story on TV was ever told as well as the 271 Perry Mason episodes, and few if any had as many memorable quotes and guest characters. Such great actors, plots and scripts. It never fails to absorb and hold my attention. So I am making my own website featuring quotes by actors on Perry Mason, along with some of the actors' connections to other shows both on Perry Mason and beyond, including The Twilight Zone. And being mostly from the later 1st turning and the early peak of the second (1957-1966), it connects to good and competent times in our history, which is a relief from our current conditions. It also brings back times when we had real, talented character actors on TV instead of those who are just featured because of their looks and sex appeal. All the same, it paints a picture of the underbelly of those times, more of which came out later. A recurring theme is nefarious activities around MONEY as a motive for murder. It also takes us "above" the usual scenes and people that commit murders, being a fantasy, and so we see middle-class and rich people involved in the troubles instead of gangs, drug dealers and disturbed young people with AR-15s. In fact, most of the violence is not directly shown.

My website is mostly just written, but it has some links to where you can hear some of the quotes.
https://philosopherswheel.com/perrymason.html
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Things Out of the Past You Would Like to See Revived - by Eric the Green - 07-22-2022, 02:13 PM