Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America
(06-04-2022, 10:27 AM)beechnut79 Wrote: Does slavery still exist today? Certainly not on paper, but in practicality it just might. We are literally slaves to the dollar signs from the time we reach adulthood right up until we die. And the cost of funerals is totally barbaric. Right now in fact the cost of just about anything is becoming barbaric, and while the current record cost of gasoline has reduced automobile traffic somewhat, it still is not enough to make a huge dent in consumption I do believe. Anyone care to guess how high it would have to get to for the highways to become nearly empty?

Now that the warm season is here plenty of folks are taking in outdoor dining at establishments that I really can't afford to eat at. And ordering expensive cocktails to boot. So someone must have the bucks to be able to do this. I often do wonder how they manage.  There has really been a big upscaling trend ever since the 1980s and have often been puzzled as to what's behind this.

I think it goes without saying that the PTB have, and will continue to rig the game in their favor. That the Founders were part of that class is unsurprising. The Constitution was created to protect the propertied, and it still does that today. Sadly, I don't see that changing this saeculum, if ever.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Did Boomer Individualism Help or Hurt America - by David Horn - 06-06-2022, 09:54 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Upscaling of America beechnut79 12 2,785 04-07-2022, 12:35 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  What Happened to the "Beyond America" Category? Anthony '58 1 909 11-20-2021, 04:01 AM
Last Post: pbrower2a