Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sub-Saharan Africa
(12-01-2019, 06:22 AM)taramarie Wrote: I went to live in south Africa for some time and my ex funny enough was born in 1976. I definitely wouldn't call him a civic in any sense of the word. He was very VERY nomad in behaviour.

I can often recognize those who are fellow members of Nomad generation, this Ugandan woman I dated could not recognize as such, neither she was a member of a Civic generation either. However, come to think of it I can see her as definitely a part of an Artist generation, maybe with a few Idealist traits. Because she was so incredibly conformist and just desiring to become a housewife and wanting to raise another couple of children at least. 

The last woman I had a serious relationship with, the Peruvian born in 1982, she was very much a Nomad who grew up in a society in an awakening going into an Unravelling (according to her descriptions). Indeed, her childhood was so much like mine, down to her parents like mine letting her to spend an inordinate time in front of televisions and computers.  Not to mention despite growing up in a society with a brutal civil war, followed by hyperinflation, she took massive risks in her life. For example; she did a PhD in Japan and could have chosen an easy life in Japan or South East Asia. However, she decided to come to Australia and face the possibility of being deported once her temporary visa expired. She mentioned on many occasions they we were identical in many ways, so I can certainly see ourselves as carbon copies generational wise. Also, I know a considerable number of South Americans born in the 1980s who are either Nomads or are Nomad/Civic Cuspers.

Messages In This Thread
Sub-Saharan Africa - by Teejay - 12-01-2019, 05:29 AM
RE: Sub-Saharan Africa - by Hintergrund - 12-11-2019, 08:10 AM
RE: Sub-Saharan Africa - by Teejay - 12-11-2019, 07:30 PM
RE: Sub-Saharan Africa - by Hintergrund - 12-12-2019, 07:54 AM
RE: Sub-Saharan Africa - by Teejay - 04-02-2020, 02:09 AM