Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Autocracy: Rules for Survival
(05-01-2017, 06:40 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 05:40 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(05-01-2017, 05:01 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(12-15-2016, 02:52 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I've lived a pretty good life, overall. I've exceeded the life span of one grand parent. Why would I want to survive? No, I'm not talking about taking an easy way out. Anything but.

What I'm talking about is, how many goons can I take out?

That innately needs to be scoped as a suicide mission.

HAIL TO THE MEMORY OF THE WARSAW UPRISING!!!!

Burgerking

Are you sure about this?

[Image: gmc15013820170427105400.jpg]

Black bloccers are the useful idiots of the age. Cool  They're just as authoritarian as Trump, but are too hormone addled to realize it.  Always remember and never forget, for every action, there's an opposite and equal reaction.

*dum-dum award for black bloccers.

[Image: The_Great_Gazoo.png]

Big Grin

Like I said, Rags will hit the double nickel on Wednesday, May 3, 2017. I have yet to outlive any of my grandparents, or great grand parents for that matter.  Life's only a bit  half over for me, man. 

I'd think you'd want to survive to live on in the best of turnings. I barely remember the prior 1T, a nice peaceful era, and I'd love to experience another 2T. In the current 4T, all I see is folks losing sanity, and I'd love to have a fast forward button to just fucking get the thing over with. Tongue

Remember though, my point of view implies you have to move the planets faster!

We need the folks to get active enough to restart progress. There must be victory for the progressive side. Only THEN will we ever experience a peaceful and comfortable 1T. Otherwise, the 1T will be like the one that Dixie experienced after 1865. Right now, Trump is awakening and mobilizing the progressive side. May day, May day! Climate March!

http://kunstler.com/clusterfuck-nation/t...nal-blues/

The Awakening against Trump is the only way out for this malaise in Red America that Kunstler describes. He mentioned chain stores, but it was trickle-down Reaganomics (still in office today) that made it impossible to enforce anti-trust laws to break them up. That's interfering in the "free market," said the Republicans. And the people in Red America believed them. So, they are responsible for their own malaise and addictions, because of how they vote.

Libertarians can call breaking up predatory chains and monopolies "use of government force." But when predators roam the land, they hurt the people unless the people stop them. It's just too hard for poor individuals or even boycott movements to oppose these predators. There is no free choice for them in the market. That's why progressives support legislation and government action to stop them. 

The free market bosses do not care if they throw people out of work or destroy communities. They replace jobs with machines or foreigners, and then say the market must be free. But people need support if the jobs disappear. Working hours need to be reduced and wages increased. Unions need to be encouraged instead of discouraged. It's up to the people in Red America to wake up to the truth.

To do that, they need to stop blaming scapegoats. Welfare recipients are not responsible for their lost jobs and communities. Neither are poor immigrants. Neither are atheists, nor Hollywood, nor the press. The bosses are entirely responsible. But Republicans like Trump use xenophobic slogans to deceive the people. They cater to religious prejudice-- including the abortion issue; or fear-- including the gun culture. It's not hard to deceive them, when they live in such deprived conditions and lowered states of consciousness.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by pbrower2a - 12-15-2016, 02:39 PM
RE: Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by pbrower2a - 12-15-2016, 11:34 PM
RE: Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by Warren Dew - 12-15-2016, 09:35 PM
RE: Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by pbrower2a - 05-01-2017, 12:37 PM
RE: Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by pbrower2a - 05-03-2017, 08:16 AM
RE: Autocracy: Rules for Survival - by pbrower2a - 05-17-2017, 12:35 PM