Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T
(03-15-2020, 11:31 AM)sbarrera Wrote: That's a great response. There actually would have been proactive shutdowns since institutions were still strong (ish). I think, then, that there would have been protests against them. Claims of government conspiracy.

Further thought…. The boomers were busy protesting the flaws of 1950s America. I carried a live draft card. My female friends may have had to deal with coat hanger abortions. Blacks could not eat in many restaurants or stay in most hotels. The streams stank. The glass ceiling was mighty low. Communism was expanding, and those in charge were caught up in the Domino Theory and fighting hot wars.

In short, the America of the post war years was not perfect. Many who had fought and died for that imperfection were not thrilled by boomer protests. Many thought the imperfections should be fixed, and protested. Many of the GIs tried to fix things, did fix things. Many complain that the boomers shat on America, but maybe America deserved to be shat upon? The culture needed changing?

I have no doubt the administrations of that time would have thrown money at the problem, but I doubt the young would have trusted them. The administration was over 30, after all. I could see huge protests for and against the administration, and the administration forbidding the protests as gatherings of a bunch of people who would spread the virus, which would have angered the protesters who would…

Better perhaps to have the virus in the middle of this nice non eventful crisis. Wink
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T - by sbarrera - 03-15-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-15-2020, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Coronavirus Bob Butler 54 1,542 454,753 02-26-2022, 07:03 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Nevada governor limits malaria drugs for coronavirus patients girlmonday 0 829 03-06-2021, 04:00 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Coronavirus shows government is a problem, not the solution pmc 7 2,468 03-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Last Post: newvoter