Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T
(03-17-2020, 11:49 AM)sbarrera Wrote: [A]lthough one would like to change today's world back to the spirit of one hundred years or more ago, it cannot be done. Thus it is important to make the best out of every generation. - Hagakure

The spirit of the Industrial Age was to start a Crisis War at the drop of a hat. If they could afford it, one major power would do it, and all it took was one. Nukes changed that. I do not miss the change.

I suspect the culture responds to the technology rather than the other way around. Things like the printing press, the steam engine or nukes caused major shifts in the culture. If you resisted the shift too much, suppressed the technology and change, you got overwhelmed.

At one level, I agree. You can't turn back the clock. You can't negate the invention of the technology. The cultures must adapt to available technology. You do have to make the best out of every generation.

However, many will resist the change. It is oh so tempting to cling to what has recently been. That is what cultures do, after all.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T - by sbarrera - 03-15-2020, 09:12 AM
RE: Hypothetical coronavirus in the 2T - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-17-2020, 12:33 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Coronavirus Bob Butler 54 1,542 456,099 02-26-2022, 07:03 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Nevada governor limits malaria drugs for coronavirus patients girlmonday 0 829 03-06-2021, 04:00 AM
Last Post: girlmonday
  Coronavirus shows government is a problem, not the solution pmc 7 2,495 03-01-2021, 02:34 AM
Last Post: newvoter