Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
debate
The primary feature of your 'System" is that when the evil boomers go away, things will get better. There is some truth to that in that the demographic shift has the red older than the blue. Thus, it wouldn't be surprising, other things being equal, to see the red philosophies aging out and losing ground. The logjam will break when the refusal to see problems so that one can have a small government that is part of the Red way of looking at things dies.

This is not S&H. They saw the ideological generation in elder hood, the nomads in middle management, and the civics in young adulthood as a fortunate advantageous configuration. Lots of stuff happened in the Industrial Age in this configuration. In the Information Age, we have been struggling to get an effective Trigger in part due to the reluctance to start a MAD Crisis war. Crisis wars started often in the Industrial Age. Until the virus, we have not had a clear Trigger, and it is early days for the virus. Thus, I saw the Awakening or even the High as the transforming time. If the virus catches on as a trigger, we might have a transforming Crisis after all. if not military.

It does seem obvious that people stick to their own beliefs rather than yield to argument. In this you are hardly alone. A good deal of this is that dedication to one's own beliefs overcomes the desire to check against reality. In my youth, attending university, I was an engineering major who belonged to the Christian Fellowship. My worldview struggled between scientific and religious. Science won. Science depends heavily on experiment and observation, checking against reality. For a lot of people, religion or politics is more important than science or reality. If their beliefs are heavily engaged, they will stop checking against reality. They will insist something is true which is obviously not.

You have this problem, as do many. Your lack of ability to comprehend the above is an indicator. Not agree, but ability to comprehend. I can keep trying to make my point in ever clearer ways. Part of why I am here is to try to communicate with people who do not want to communicate. They are more interested in proving their beliefs true. They will argue their own perspective, but avoid listening to other perspectives.

Learning can involve listening as well as observing reality. However, should you ever listen enough to think you have learned something, still you might still want to check against reality.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
debate - by TheNomad - 03-15-2020, 09:25 PM
RE: debate - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-15-2020, 10:10 PM
RE: debate - by TheNomad - 03-15-2020, 11:17 PM
RE: debate - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-16-2020, 06:00 AM
RE: debate - by TheNomad - 03-16-2020, 07:05 PM
RE: debate - by TheNomad - 03-16-2020, 07:36 PM
RE: debate - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-17-2020, 03:56 AM
RE: debate - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-16-2020, 07:48 PM
RE: debate - by Eric the Green - 03-16-2020, 11:15 PM
RE: debate - by TheNomad - 03-17-2020, 03:46 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In DACA talks, Trump angers both sides of immigration debate nebraska 0 1,089 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Debate about Gun Control Eric the Green 572 356,799 10-25-2017, 11:09 PM
Last Post: Classic-Xer
  Debate about the Vietnam War Anthony '58 59 41,441 06-28-2016, 05:37 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green