The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Am Worried
Shocked 
self-fulfilling prophecy.  what is that

Self-fulfilling prophecy refers to the socio-psychological phenomenon of someone "predicting" or expecting something, and this “prediction” or expectation comes true simply because one believes it will,[1] and their resulting behaviors align to fulfil those beliefs. This suggests peoples' beliefs influence their actions. The principle behind this phenomenon is people create consequences regarding people or events, based on their previous knowledge toward that specific subject. Additionally, self-fulfilling prophecy is applicable to negative and positive outcomes.

American sociologist William Isaac Thomas was the first to discover this phenomenon. In 1928 he developed the Thomas theorem (also known as the Thomas dictum), stating,
If men define situations as real, they are real in their consequences.[2]

that's what wiki says

from what I have seen and am now seeing the way big news are reacting, it's fear and stress.  That's going to lead to more empty shelves, more fear and more stress.

But I'm convinced this is the event the authors talked about as possibly the defining moment in the Saeculum. From my many readings and contemplation of the texts, I ramble on to say.....

a global event shaking the world, no one is exempt, such as WWII but where previous, "global" would mean the entirety of the reach of the U.S. such as Civil War and Revolution from England, the event that will either enhance or destroy us, the time of great sacrifice, greater than that which led up to it where I would describe in this context as the 2008 crash and following Great Depression 2 that really for many never ended, culminating in where we are right now.

the authors said it would have SO fast, and would balloon SO explosively, the time of the 4th Turning moves incredibly fast, they always say that. 

Many here in this forum have been speculating on when that would be, they have tried figuring out where we are in the Saeculum, I would say it happened this past weekend.

Oh but my point was, this thing is spiraling outward, we are losing control not because ppl are siick but because there wont be food on the shelves at Vons or Ralphs. <-- that's what I am worried about.

I am not worried about getting sick. I'm not sitting in my crib with a mask on. FUCK that. I won't view this as some dark demon creeping under the cracks of the door.

Also, we will either be enhanced by this or destroyed. That's how I see it and that's how the authors define what America will BE after this point. Winter can last short or long, be brutal or benign.

I am putting together personal knowledge from many interviews by the authors and many more by Strauss who is still living. He speaks now and then. He tends to say the same exact things over and over, but I have picked up nuances. And their themes are so strong. I felt for a long while that I wasn't getting it. I'm getting it more living through it. And I am old enough now to have a past recollection of certain patterns I'd noticed myself in historical events and patterns.

Messages In This Thread
Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by pbrower2a - 03-20-2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In U.S., Hispanics Least Worried About Election Outcome Dan '82 0 1,368 07-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Dan '82