Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Am Worried
(03-19-2020, 08:47 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(03-19-2020, 08:39 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: It sure does feel like a regeneracy.  Everyone is united in their stupidity.

As I read your post, it mad me think the ultimate goal might just be we all learn to settle out differences and start working together to solve problems.  Whether in stupidity or not, the message from everywhere is "we need to work together".

I suspect like you, I am not one who loves herd mentality on the surface.  It's boring and sucks.  Through reading these books, I realize now what they meant that ideology must pass away and Groupthink (the opposite of ideology) must take over.  Ideology First - of any kind - cannot stand.  It's in the way of progress. 

That is why the authors predict a coming extremely boring culture, Groupthink and a society that will DO everything and FEEL nothing.

The Group doesn't feel, it just does.  We need some of that right now.  I am tired of feeling one side is right or wrong.  It doesn't lead anywhere.  That's how it made sense to me, at least.

You two have ideological reasons to think the virus is not real, so thus the society that is responding to the reality of things is described as stupid or boring. I happen to believe in the science, and think society is taking sensible precautions.

The old values are to reject science and to indulge in fantasy realities which support the old ideologies. I suspect if the virus Crisis becomes real, and it is heading that way fast, an ideology that respects science is apt to become part of the new values.

My own values place science first, politics and religion are second and third respectively, able to suggest some answers to problems that can’t be resolved empirically. It is natural, I suppose, to project these scientific values as becoming more universal as the Crisis goes on and the new values supersede the old. I see progress. Others may not yet see or want to see the real problem or buy into the obvious solution.

We will see how this unfolds.

What Nomad describes as “The Group” I see as the blue world view. We have spent years of the Unraveling and early Crisis refining the red and blue ideologies. The virus is forcing us to pick one. I suspect our response will include more science. It has already forced rejection of Trump’s fantasies.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by pbrower2a - 03-20-2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In U.S., Hispanics Least Worried About Election Outcome Dan '82 0 1,369 07-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Dan '82