Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why I Am Worried
(03-19-2020, 09:56 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: You two have ideological reasons to think the virus is not real, so thus the society that is responding to the reality of things is described as stupid or boring.  I happen to believe in the science, and think society is taking sensible precautions.
[/quote]

Boring but very necessary. You come from an era of wild interpretations of music, radical thought and wayward consciences.  I am informed from that era.  I hate ordinary and boring.  However, I am realizing the Unordinary  and the Exciting gets nothing done. I feel like that is how Strauss and Howe broke down the swaying of the Saeculum:

Inner Journey (individual)
Outward Conglomeration (group)

I think they were saying when one is strong, the other is weak.  It's just that way, according to them.

Quote:The old values are to reject science and to indulge in fantasy realities which support the old ideologies.  I suspect if the virus Crisis becomes real, and it is heading that way fast, an ideology that respects science is apt to become part of the new values.

This is not about any values.  Even, I would go so far to say, Kylo Ren style:

"Let values die.  Kill them if you have to."

Only when values-driven approaches die we can work together in unity to solve the problems of the future.  That's not what I necessarily inherently believe at all. That's just what I see happening ACCORDING to the books I read associated with this site.

Quote:What Nomad describes as “The Group” I see as the blue world view.  We have spent years of the Unraveling and early Crisis refining the red and blue ideologies.  The virus is forcing us to pick one.  I suspect our response will include more science.  It has already forced
rejection of Trump’s fantasies.

we are not being forced to choose a values side.  We are being challenged to leave values behind until the next arm of the Saeculum.  When the next Prophet comes, after the Hero and Artist have redefined everything into their bland, "cookie cutter" existence.  That song of ticky tacky boxes?  That was from the time of the hippies when they were bashing their parents and grandparents for their culture as totally all SIMILAR and BORING.  That's what it takes to get past the Crisis hurdle.  It happened the last time for sure.  Why can't we learn from it?

Messages In This Thread
Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:37 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 08:39 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 08:47 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 10:29 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Warren Dew - 03-19-2020, 10:27 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by pbrower2a - 03-20-2020, 02:57 AM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-19-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by TheNomad - 03-19-2020, 11:32 PM
RE: Why I Am Worried - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-20-2020, 07:30 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  In U.S., Hispanics Least Worried About Election Outcome Dan '82 0 1,369 07-13-2016, 07:39 PM
Last Post: Dan '82