Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation "Crimson Contagion" Was Simulated Last Year
(03-22-2020, 09:48 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 07:37 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 02:39 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Given we're doing way better than in the simulation, I'd say the training exercise helped.  Seems like it helped us become more prepared and coordinated, and the funding wasn't an issue after all.

I don't see the federal response as being prepared and coordinated at all, and I know I'm not alone.  The administration seems more concerned with denying to minimize economic impact than preserving human lives.  

Funding?  It is too soon to tell.  The Republicans can do borrow and spend until the election.  We'll see what happens then.

I see a lot of the recommended response as contra-indicated. Do we really need to bail-out big business another time?  Wasn't the last mondo-tax-cut enough!  How much transfer to the top can we tolerate as a society?

And don't get me started on the efficacy of the Trump Virus Response. He has still not officially declared the wartime emergency powers he talks about every day. He doesn't want to make people think: bad Trump!  It's clearly sad. That, and doing nothing puts the response in someone else's court.  Add to that his desire to pass the money to the private sector.  It's sleazy in the extreme.
The response has been put into the individual states’ pocket. Isn’t that the way it should be anyway?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operation "Crimson Contagion" Was Simulated Last Year - by beechnut79 - 03-22-2020, 10:49 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden ramps up US refugee admissions to 125,000 per year random3 14 2,255 02-07-2021, 03:52 AM
Last Post: random3
  US Treasury says government borrowing will hit 8-year high nebraska 0 1,288 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Tax on medical devices to resume after 2-year suspension nebraska 0 741 01-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: nebraska