Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Operation "Crimson Contagion" Was Simulated Last Year
(03-22-2020, 07:37 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-20-2020, 02:39 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Given we're doing way better than in the simulation, I'd say the training exercise helped.  Seems like it helped us become more prepared and coordinated, and the funding wasn't an issue after all.

I don't see the federal response as being prepared and coordinated at all, and I know I'm not alone.  The administration seems more concerned with denying to minimize economic impact than preserving human lives.  

Funding?  It is too soon to tell.  The Republicans can do borrow and spend until the election.  We'll see what happens then.

I find myself in a strange situation on this... because I loathe what is there now and just about everything attached to it.  But, this whole thing about minimizing fear, I think that is right.  If people are gonna die anyway, and Federal Govt is really about the group rather than the individual (it IS, please don't say it isn't), we should expect nothing less than this.  Trying to minimize fear because it helps nothing.

I do agree, however, and this has been from day one from a president that is never seeming concerned about how anyone feels or is afraid of anything, we are not experiencing "leadership".  When the reporter asked what the president had for those afraid, he did not approach that the right way.  Vile, as always.  No respect for anyone on a human level.  That was wrong.

If you mean they seem to be concerned with deflecting they weren't prepared, that is true... but living this long now, every administration does this.  Reagan denied AIDS/HIV completely.  Wouldn't even address it.  Deny deny deny.  But I expect nothing less from politicians.  I did, however, see something very different in Mayor Pete and that's why I campaigned for him.  When he dropped out, I dropped out.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Operation "Crimson Contagion" Was Simulated Last Year - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 02:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Biden ramps up US refugee admissions to 125,000 per year random3 14 2,308 02-07-2021, 03:52 AM
Last Post: random3
  US Treasury says government borrowing will hit 8-year high nebraska 0 1,290 01-30-2018, 09:41 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Tax on medical devices to resume after 2-year suspension nebraska 0 744 01-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Last Post: nebraska