Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
The Prophet - Nomad - Hero configuration will likely be very important in resolving the current Crisis. You ought to read S&H again and focus on that. That is one of the larger differences between their ideology and your faux one.

The contest and red and blue may be going away, rather than the aisle. I am not sure. Biden is not Sanders. We will quite likely have a Crises light in which the blue agenda is not put fully in place. In this case the next Prophet group may find the most important flaws in the culture to be resolved next time are in the red - blue divide. In this case we could get a third red - blue Crisis. This would not be ideal, but looks like how we are heading.

Still, S&H claimed a Crisis brings on a larger change than is anticipated going in.

You do realize that ‘perspective’ is a word I sometimes use instead of world view? It indicates another way of looking at the world, another set of goals to work towards (values). Perspective does indeed change everything.

The USA does tend towards two major parties, two major ideologies, two perspectives. Even if the red - blue divide goes away with a total win by the blue, we are not yet perfect, and by the end of the Awakening I would expect another set of divides to grow to take place of the old ones. ‘The king is dead. Long live the king.’ You seem to be caught up in the end of history fallacy, that the end of one phase means the end of everything. I am not. The next generation of Prophets will find something legitimate to gripe about, and the next generation of conservatives will want to cling to the flaw to perpetuate privilege and wealth. The red and blue, alas, could ride again.

The flaws might easily be different, but the cycles are apt to go on.

You clearly are part of the anti goupthink groupthink. You should perhaps grow your hair, wear peace signs and wear bell bottom pants? Wink After we get to the High I anticipate we will relax somewhat, but there will still likely be the Ideology Police trying to stamp on the remnants of the red. The next Unravelling when individual goals are in their primacy is according to the theory far far away.

My generation of Prophets will indeed pass away. The next generation of Prophets will take their place. The flaws in society they will rebel against may well be different. The role they play in pointing out the flaws is less likely to be.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-21-2020, 09:32 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,373 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin