Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
(03-22-2020, 07:09 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 03:36 AM)TheNomad Wrote: HOW DID THAT HAPPEN?  How did we get the safest possible candidate?  From adherence to values-driven approach that sees a mirror image and then tries to imagine WHAT can beat that mirror image.  There's no room or possibility for a real implementation of anything.  I sense we will have what we have now until that "utterly spent" moment I quoted from the book.  I REALLY want to go find a page number, but I don't play those games anymore.

I think most people are obsessed with beating Trump more than pushing the blue agenda.  I suspect this is a mistake.  We will have a weaker crisis leaving parts of the red - blue battle unresolved, not to be pushed perhaps until the Awakening.

Once again, I agree. Biden will be the only Silent President (assuming he wins). He'll also cross the boundary into his 80s before the following election. Let's assume his will be a voluntary single term as POTUS. So his VP choice becomes critical. If he follows the rule he set for himself, she will be one of the women who ran this time. Look there for a revolutionary change, if one will occur. If he chooses Elizabeth Warren, she'll also be a one-termer, but potentially a very dynamic one. I put her in the unlikely column for both ideological and age reasons. Neither Amy Klobuchar nor Kamala Harris are likely to make real change. That pushes the final change agent into the 2T or beyond.

I'll be sorry to miss it.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink - by David Horn - 03-22-2020, 09:37 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,373 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin