Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
Power mad leader is not the description I would use. Prophet is, by nature, values driven and I have no doubt BELIEVES (feels in his bones) he or she is there, in power (that is why some have seen my pointing to Sanders or Biden) they may think THEY ALONE (their values?) must be instituted to solve whatever the problem is. Yet, when they get into power, they solve nothing because they and their peers cannot AGREE.

As for an example of "clinging to power" FDR comes to mind but was desired as such by the populace. AND that was a Crisis as well.

You say behavior is the archetype not the leader, I have always been saying that. I am saying now, clearly which I guess you need, Prophet archetype must DIMINISH and hand over power to the conglomerate instead of its Big Brotherian nature. Thinking it knows what is best, it has the right values, it has the right vision to solve things. When, clearly, that has led to our collective doom.

I must also add, your confusion of what I say may be partly in that I am not speaking about RIGHT NOW so much as what is coming. We are in the primordial stage of Groupthink. Thanks to the books, I can see it now. I can see what's coming. You act like I am saying Prophet should go to their collective graves, but they just need to stop clinging to their archetype being the solution and realize what it has led to. Maybe they, themselves, cannot recognize that bigger forces are causing the conglomerate to form and that they need to just let it happen.

In a right world, we would not be having people past the age of retirement trying to run for office and staying like Strom Thurman and these "lifers" into what, their 90s? That just helps no one. That man didn't even know what the Internet was probably. The current president has no idea or desire to know about the real emerging situations in America like global interface or tech-driven solutions for antiquated problems. These people are not equipped to handle such things, and just too old. If that isn't a clear identification of "hanging on too long" I dont know what is. They want to vote on legislation from their deathbed. It's not right and helps no one.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 06:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,375 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin