Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
Rhett, you speak of who Biden will choose as running mate, etc............... all I see is a wonderful "ticket" on the surface, one ppl of blue will get behind because it looks good on paper, it won't win because it is too safe, and we will enjoy the next cycle with what we have now and we will all hate it.

Why? Why won't Biden/Warren be like an Obama resurgence? First, because it won't happen. If it does happen, Senate will fight them by name only. Fight them simply because they are blue. They both sides will do battle because that is all they have EVER done.

And nothing will continue to happen.

How does that help anyone? Candidates over 70yo cannot work together right now. Ppl are appearing to agree right now due to the virus, but it's not real and I doubt there is authentic agreement at all anyway.

If someone like Pete was coming into office, he spoke openly about being open to anyone. He is not a Prophet who has spent his whole life fighting with the other side of the "aisle" in values. I get many ppl speak of wanting to work to solve problems regardless of values, but he was authentic in that. And it could be if he was there, Senators would not want to deal with him either. But if you replaced every one of those same Senators (don't change their color, just replace them) with younger ones in Pete's age range?

I think we could be well into moving forward into the First Turning. Since nothing is going to change for another 4 years, maybe Pete and others will get their chance. I am specifically talking about age. Because as the authors have so eloquently expressed, PRAGMATISM (not values) is what defines Nomad and COLLECTIVE SERVICE is what will come to define Hero. Artist will act as a bridge between everyone (which means they might be the most adaptive and Group-thinky of any of these... at least when it comes to problem-solving.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 07:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,362 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin