Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink
A few months ago I had similar scenarios cooking to Nomad's.  It looked like we were going through the Crisis configuration without a Trigger or a Regeneracy.  The 1960s Awakening had solved by legislation to the standards set in that time the Prophet’s assorted flaws.  The Prophet generation was split, and though the blues would resist any encroachments by the reds on what was done in their youth, they were slow to push an agenda forward.  There were lots of reasons for no Trigger and no Regeneracy.  With the Crisis era a dud, I was wondering if the High could be transformational and how it would take place.

Alternately, we could have repeated the transformational Awakening of the 1960s with the next Awakening being transformational.  That might be how one would go on to expect in the Information Age.  Smaller Crisis War triggers given the existence of nukes.  Resistance to anyone trying Neo colonialism.  No Trigger?

But the Coronavirus showed up, and it looks like we will have a familiar transformational Crisis after all.  With the Crisis active, there are good reasons for a follower of the theory to expect a passive High that follows the S&H pattern.

One thing to expect is an attempt to carve the values of this Crisis into stone.  In the three prior American Crises we had the Constitution written, the post Civil War amendments guaranteeing the blacks rights passed, and the creation of the UN.  

All three attempts at carving into stone resulted in a cracked rock.  The Constitution for all it’s slave compromises failed.  The country fell apart into civil war.  The blacks ran into Jim Crow.  The UN with its security council veto could not handle the Cold War.  All three attempts to some degree were frustrated.

I can see after the Coronavirus the World Health Organization or its successor will be put on steroids.  An attempt will be made to prevent the Coronavirus problem from happening again.  This will feature something to prevent countries from ignoring the science, but I am suspicious of end of Crisis stone setting.  It has a poor record.  I suspect the individual countries will be left sovereign, which will leave this style of problem a problem.

Paired with this will be global warming.  This is another problem which conservative governments have been able to ignore.   An attempt will be made to commit and to act.  These agreements will be ignored and bypassed in a similar way.  “Practical” and “non ideological” Nomad leadership has a way of moving backwards in the High.

This will give the next bunch of Prophets enough flaws to scream at the fossil materialists in charge?

But back to the High.  Again, with a Trigger, Regeneracy and trial and error period, there is no reason I can see not to expect the usual S&H style High.  From my memory of the books I would expect the following.

There will be materialism as the people will be tired of the idealistic fighting that cumulated with the Crisis.  A passive turning always follows and active one.  Nomad leadership by their nature are suspicious of cross the aisle fighting anyway.

They will build lots of infrastructure.  This might include recyclable energy, and rebuilding the bridges from the last High.  SpaceX is already working on outer space, but the entire space industry is on the edge of taking off.  The space industry could be an area similar to the building of railroads or superhighways in prior Highs.

There will be organizations such as the one McCarthy led, attempting to crush the ideologies that led us into the last Crisis.  There will be an intense feeling of dedication to the newer values of the prior Crisis with a corresponding submergence of the old.  Fantasy ideologies which oppose the teachings of science are not apt to do well.

Other than the blue worldview that won the last Crisis, other ideologies will not do well.  The Nomad led High during the Industrial Age was a time of great stagnation and materialism.  I don’t see anything to suppose it will not happen again.  At least, pure S&H leads one to expect it will.

Thus, I don’t see where Nomad is coming from.

What does anyone see to divert so much from S&H?  I am inclined to think the S&H pattern will be far truer than the theories that Nomad is coming up with.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Quarantine Shaming and Emergence of Groupthink - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-22-2020, 09:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Salon: Liberal shaming of Appalachia Odin 9 4,372 03-23-2017, 07:08 PM
Last Post: Odin