Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would Pete Be Handling This?
(03-23-2020, 05:07 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 11:33 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(03-23-2020, 02:53 AM)TheNomad Wrote: … They had a chance with Pete for victory.  I want ppl to imagine Pete on a debate stage with this president.

A veteran alongside a dodger.  Someone with a heart alongside a bully.  Someone with real faith as opposed to someone courting believers.  The difference would be SO stark, I believe ppl would have a real eye opener to what has been going on for the longest time.  The only thing he had against him was being gay.  I believe if he had a wife and a young child, it may have been a vision of camelot.  America could use a healthy dose of that in 2020.  I think the president would come out of something like that looking like a washed up fool.  Not because the other would toast him in barbs, but precisely that he WOULDN'T.

Our politics has a swamp to crawl out of.  It's a filthy process and Pete was a dose of wholesome.  Yeah, someone is gonna say gay is not wholesome, but that's the perspective I wished to avoid if he weren't.  Some ppl still can't get past that.

Pete will be back.  He would never have made it all the way this time; ageism would have done him in.  We'll need him in the 1T, but he's probably out for the remainder of the 4T.

When you envision those two men on a debate stage, what do you see?  I am only curious.

Pete is a small guy.  Slight and maybe what 5'8?  The president remember hovering behind Hillary and "stalking" her? I'm convinced had it not been Hillary Clinton - or any woman - none of "this" would have happened. 

So, here's this pragmatic guy who is only there because he wants to serve, speaking in a very measured and almost quiet tone vs a flashy roar and quip of a gameshow host/mafia don.  Unfortunately, too many are wooed by the latter.

But how do you see that playing out?  I want to envision it as such stark contrast ppl couldn't help but see the difference.  But that's me.

Pete's style is to slice him up while smiling in his face.  He's erudite, which plays both ways. Trump has trouble with basic English, but that's OK with his posse, who speak in similar fashion.  If Pete's smart, and he certainly is, then the way to beat Trump is to piss him off the point that he goes 90% incoherent.  

In any case, it would be wonderful to watch.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
How Would Pete Be Handling This? - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 03:03 PM
RE: How Would Pete Be Handling This? - by David Horn - 03-24-2020, 10:58 AM