The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reverberations from times of cosmic awakening social moments
I guess this is the right forum for this, although it could fit in any culture forum too. Peripherally it's about the planetary alignments, but that's just a piece of it, which you can forget about if you want.

These posts sent me on this path this morning, not an unfamiliar one from me of course. Here they are:

Quote:
(03-28-2020, 02:22 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 06:24 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(03-26-2020, 01:08 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: I accept Strauss and Howe dating in The Fourth Turning that says the unravelling began in 1984. That was the year that Reaganomics was cemented into the national psyche after the early years of his term when there was still much doubt about it and protest against it. 1984 was "morning in America" and all generations "acquiesed in indulgence" according to S&H. Yes, it's Mr. Howe writing the books now. He's good, but he doesn't get involved in discussion forums like Mr. Strauss used to do. Interesting that he died in 2007 and just missed seeing his 4th turning prophecy come true.

I know it doesn't match the books, but I think the Awakening proper ended about the time Nixon hit office, or perhaps the Democratic convention.  In the 1970s were a bunch of failures: Watergate, the Fall of Saigon, the Oil and Hostage crises, the National Malaise.  The feeling that we could tax and spend our way out of anything was gone.  The feeling that we wanted to tackle the big problems was going.  Things had begun to unravel.  I might not have hit fully until about 1984, but it was there sooner.

It's plausible, and at the time I thought the Awakening had wound down in the 1970s. As I discovered astrology, it made a lot of sense. When I wondered what was supposed to correspond to such a powerful radical and transcendental surge of activism and creative energy as the sixties was, astrology told me it would be an alignment of outer planets. So I looked up where they were in the book that shows this, and there it was. Of course, Pluto was still considered a planet then, and astrologers still consider it so, based on how thoroughly it indicates events. But Uranus and Pluto were indeed aligned in the sixties. Then I wondered, when was the sixties energy at its peak? It must have been when I felt it the strongest. That would have been when the conjunction was exactly aligned. So I looked it up, and the exact date was exactly when I thought it would be, at the end of June, 1966. 

Among the things that happened then, the National Organization for Women was founded on that date, and Stokely Carmichael declared "we want black power!" at the end of a march he and Dr. King led through Mississippi. The psychedelic culture was bursting forth and some of the best music of the period (or ever) was created at that very time.

But, planets are considered to be aligned only within a certain margin of degrees, or orb. When they separate, the alignment is over, and the energy wanes. That happened in around 1970. They had been within orb since about 1962. .....But the Awakening was not over, not by a long shot......  http://generational-theory.com/forum/thr...l#pid50878

My claim, my theory if you will, my experience, is that there are certain times in the life and history of humans and Earth when things become more "radioactive," as Kenneth Clark put it in his monumental "Civilization" series, as he described one of those times here:

"The Great Thaw" was the climax of a period in which a creative momentum was building up. The heart of it was the period around the 1130s and 1140s when Gothic art was invented, as the planets Uranus and Neptune joined and were opposed by Pluto. Remember that an opposition is also an alignment, with the Earth between the aligned planets. One can quibble about exact dates, but usually the heart of such awakenings corresponds to an exact alignment among at least two of the outer three planets, and also often includes other planets at certain key moments and in key angles. The great awakenings of spirit which have reverberated through the ages expressed a miraculous cosmic energy that formed in the sky, as well as resonating here at its center in human life on Earth. It's all one energy. As above, so below. It's no wonder that the phrase "the stars aligned" has become commonplace.

In these times an awakening of spirit combines with a degree of confidence, worldly power, prosperity and physical energy dedicated to this spirit. Often there is also great intellectual creativity and fascination with the divine mathematics. Clark mentions also the awakening of the sixth century BC, which got going at the time of Ezekiel's vision of God around 590 BC, which led to his reorganization of Judaism during the captivity in Babylon in the next couple of decades. In this era in the 570s BC, as the great alignment of all three invisible outer planets happened for the only time in history, at times within less than 2 degrees of arc as in 577BC, amazing advances were made such as the first Greek science, and important figures were born in this era such as Pythagoras and the Buddha. It was a reverberation of spiritual awakening and new artistic vitality that lasted until at least the defeat of Athens in 404 BC and the trial of Socrates in 399. This golden age has continued to inspire humanity ever since, and all the great religions were either transformed or begun in this period called the Axis Age. The final Upanishads that record the greatest enlightenment in history and the transcendent experience of Hinduism were created and written down in the 570s BC as well, and Confucius and Lao Tse formed the basis of religious and moral life in China in this era. The Jains and Zoroasterians were descended from this time as well.

Of course, Christianity itself came from a spiritual awakening that followed Jesus the Christ's crucifixion and resurrection around 28-30 AD, shortly after the most magnificent cosmic CROSS ever seen in the skies above Earth in 25 AD between all four large outer planets, with Uranus opposite Neptune at the heart of it. This revelation was acted out by his followers who spoke in tongues and healed as Jesus did, and loved one another in the new Christian communities as Christ taught them to do. Thanks also to St. Paul this awakening has reverberated so thoroughly through the centuries that Christianity remains the religion with the largest following, and still influences politics though not as much as it did in the Age of Faith in Europe from about 300-1300 AD, which encompassed and inspired the Great Thaw of circa 1130-1150 that climaxed an entire century, as Clark brilliantly illustrated in the clip above.
More....
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Reverberations from times of cosmic awakening social moments - by Eric the Green - 03-28-2020, 05:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Cosmic Clock of Civilization naf140230 0 2,070 05-28-2016, 10:48 PM
Last Post: naf140230