Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The End of Work, and therefore of "less government" memes
(01-04-2017, 11:05 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 04:08 AM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 12:57 AM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 12:56 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 12:41 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: If you want to tax the robots, though, income taxes won't do it, since robots have no income.

The owners typically extract the income. To tax consumption is shakier. Taxing the conspicuous consumption of elites is far trickier than  taxing income.

Taxing the income of the elites is virtually impossible, though.  Buffett pays an effective tax rate of less than one tenth of one percent.

That's a strange statement lol

Of course it's possible, but not with Republicans in power.

It's the Democrats that protect Buffett and Soros, and the investment billionaires in general.

The Democrats had filibuster proof power for a while, and they certainly didn't do anything about that then.

The Democrats never had a filibuster majority; only Democrats and DINOs. And it was a small while, given the glacial pace in which the Senate works.

Republican tax cuts support Soros and Buffett and the Koch Brothers and all your Republican billionaire friends.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:If you want to tax the robots, though, income taxes won't do it, since robots have no income.

Tax the robots! I like it! Hey, robots are taking over, and getting all the good jobs; they should pay their fair share!

That's why I suggested sales tax on what they produce.  If people have other ideas, I'm interested.

Why should we have other ideas when the income tax works just fine? The robots make income for their owners; that's who needs to be highly taxed, and ever-more highly. Back to 90% and this time with no loopholes!
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The End of Work, and therefore of "less government" memes - by Eric the Green - 01-07-2017, 07:18 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here is an example of how government creates problems. Galen 24 22,595 05-24-2017, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Galen