Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The End of Work, and therefore of "less government" memes
(01-08-2017, 03:04 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: I'm in favor of any inheritance tax that will tax all of Buffett's estate at the maximum rate when he dies.  I just don't think that's going to happen, for the reasons I've already mentioned.  And all the tax increases pushed by the Democrats would leave him untouched, thus not actually taxing the rich.

First, selective taxation is unconstitutional (see the equal protection clause).  Second, Buffet will not be passing anything along to anyone; his children are fully onboard for this.  He will pass it back to society through the Gates Foundation or through a charity of his own.

Warren Dew Wrote:The people the Republicans are trying to cut taxes on are really the middle class, including the affluent portions of the middle class, up to those about 10,000 times poorer than Buffett.  To me, that's the wrong target.  We need to hit the guys at the top.

Based on what misreading of the Trump, or the Ryan, tax plan?  This isn't even open to argument.  It's been analyzed by the Tax Policy Center this way.  Feel free to read the entire report, but the Abstract hits the high (low?) notes.[/quote]
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The End of Work, and therefore of "less government" memes - by David Horn - 01-15-2017, 11:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Here is an example of how government creates problems. Galen 24 22,574 05-24-2017, 03:13 AM
Last Post: Galen