Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-30-2020, 09:26 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: I see Eric has turned this into some kind of political thing.  The truth is, both blue and red political advocates were telling people not to wear masks early on, red because they don't like governmental restraint even when collective action is needed, and blue because they wanted the pandemic to get worse and destroy the economy, giving them a better chance to win in November.  Masks are not a political thing.

The bolded line indicates a bit of demonization.  I do not recognize myself in it, or anyone I know.  It is just Warren misunderstanding or mischaracterizing again, digging at those he disagrees with by any means possible, no matter how absurd it makes him look.

But I also think masks are a political thing.  Trump has made it so, if nothing else.  Why do you think he does not like to be photographed wearing one, in spite of intense hypochondria?  It has become a sign of bravado, of loyalty to the unraveling mind set, of denying the reality of what is going on.  If you are making a point that you would rather kill people than suffer a mild inconvenience, you are making a statement.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-30-2020, 01:03 PM