Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(06-02-2020, 11:38 PM)TheNomad Wrote: What about "super carriers" who never get sick yet infect everyone else.  Do you advocate those people be locked up totally separate outside the general population (basically in prison)?  I dont know anyone who WANTS to go to a hospital for this.  They fear worse may happen to you there.  If you get tagged as + you will be tracked forever.  

So, the question is, the "supercarrier" person is immune and should not even have to wear the mask because this thing does not harm them.  UNLESS BobButler wants to lay blame on nature for making that person immune and lock them up to save HIM.

This thread is: IS IT ABOUT ME OR ABOUT YOU?

I haven't heard anyone really address that.

To start with, a supercarrier is not one who is immune, but one who through behavior infects many people.  Many with the bug find out about it before they infect anyone else.  A supercarrier might be the person with the bug who goes to choir practice and infects half the choir.  A infected person who attends a church service, who goes to work at a nursing home, meat packing plant or prison without taking precautions could well become a supercarrier.  If you go to a beach, park or demonstration without the proper precautions, you could spread the virus widely.

Still, the infected person who is immune exists.

I would not blame nature for making the bug or for anything else.  Well, I have considered the hypothetical Mother Nature who contemplates how Man treats his only planet, reaches up on the shelf, and picks up and opens a bottle labeled COVID-19.  Does that make her an evil spirit, or did Man ask for it?  Fortunately hypothetical.

I would blame the person who knows he is infectious and takes no precautions to prevent his infection from spreading.  This is comparable to carrying a gun around with no safety and has a flaw such that it goes off randomly.  You are not careless with other people’s lives.  An infected person ought to quarantine and do things such as wearing a mask if that quarantine is apt to be broken.  Someone who is deliberately infecting others might be arrested and prosecuted for manslaughter under existing law.  People who wear no mask in this era of not enough tests are hardly any different.  People who put their own ease and comfort above other people’s lives are morally reprehensible.

Now it really isn't about me personally.  I am in isolation.  Supercarriers are not apt to come in contact with me due to an excess of precaution.  They will, however, effect their own community.  They will kill.  If you are identifying with the supercarriers and not wearing PPE it becomes about you.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-03-2020, 04:09 AM