Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(06-04-2020, 08:58 AM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 05:24 AM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(06-04-2020, 12:51 AM)TheNomad Wrote: I will take the learning.  I should have used air quotes.  I personally meant to convey those who will not get sick yet are spreading.

However, you mentioned how such a person is infecting at such a huge rate compared to others, do special properties apply to them, then?  Lock Her Up?  As in, lock up him or her that is spreading too fast/too much compared to others?  Is that not the same as the mask?  To cut down the risk to the infectable populace?

That may not be hypothetical.  It may be real if science can track whom that person is.  So, let's talk about it now before it becomes law suddenly overnight when fear grips rest homes.

Locking people up seems extreme at this point, but it may come to that if we have continued people who ignore isolation.  In a hypothetical day when we have abundant and quick tests, suppose a cop observes someone who is not wearing a mask while ignoring social distancing.  I could easily see the cop writing that person a ticket that is good for a fine, performing a test on the spot, and doing what is necessary if the person tests positive.  A governor could make this part of an emergency order.  A legislature could pass a new law requiring it.  It depends on how stubborn people are about putting their own comfort ahead of other people's lives.

Most people are only spreading the bug for a few weeks before their immune system eliminates the infection.

If we had a modicum of competence to lean on, we wouldn't even be discussing this at all.  The South Koreans did pretty much what you suggest, and it worked well.  On the other hand, Americans are notoriously self-centered, so the fines may need to be rather high for subsequent offenders.  Some people just don't comply, period.

Americans believe in liberty or death.  What a horrible concept.  We should be subjugated in order to survive en masse.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by TheNomad - 06-04-2020, 07:08 PM