Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Regeneracy
(06-03-2020, 04:00 PM)User3451 Wrote: It is very clear that we are near the peak of this fourth turning's crisis. Both the international world order and the United States are visibly changing. 

Where is the Regeneracy? 

I admit, I'm not all that clear on what a Regeneracy looks like, but I think we might see more momentum behind decoupling from China and the Post War world order, enhanced social benefits, new infrastructure. 

There has to be something to unite a majority and get traction, correct?

Interested to hear others' perspectives on this.

There are often two sets of values, old and new, which are debated to death in the unravelling and pre trigger crisis.  Somewhere between the trigger becoming obvious and the government committing wholly to implementing the new values, you get a regeneracy.  In the US Civil War, this was somewhere between Harper’s Ferry and the bombardment of Fort Sumter.  In World War II it was somewhere between the US starting to abandon isolation in sympathy with London and Pearl Harbor.  Today, it is somewhere between the clear identification of COVUS 19 and the hypothetical science oriented government which might show up in February of 2021.  It is possible, depending on the interest of various fans of the S&H theory, to debate the exact point endlessly.  

What gets the new values traction?  Is it that policy makers have to acknowledge the science?  Is it in changing the culture so what the police do not feel free to show racial animosity?  Is it in balancing the realities of the virus against the need to reopen the economy?  I am still a bit under the spell of the head of the Episopalian church in saying this is a moral crisis, that regardless of religion, the difference between doing what is right and advocating the use of violence is clear.

Or all of the above?

But the governors of the three alliances of states have already started towards the new values.  Some part of the regeneracy has already happened.  A change in federal government has not, so it is hard to say that we have a government commitment yet to the new values.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
The Regeneracy - by User3451 - 06-03-2020, 04:00 PM
RE: The Regeneracy - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-03-2020, 05:05 PM
RE: The Regeneracy - by David Horn - 06-04-2020, 08:44 AM
RE: The Regeneracy - by pbrower2a - 06-03-2020, 09:15 PM
RE: The Regeneracy - by David Horn - 06-04-2020, 08:48 AM
RE: The Regeneracy - by pbrower2a - 06-05-2020, 05:11 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Has the regeneracy arrived? Bronco80 402 202,938 04-02-2020, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Regeneracy=TARP, Climax=Trump, Resolution=Midterms? Ritterlich 10 6,108 11-14-2018, 10:05 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund