Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on the George Floyd protests
(06-08-2020, 10:28 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: It is easy to think that the answer to cities that are riddled with crime is more police.

The opposite of "inadequate policing" is "adequate policing", not "more police".  It might or might not involve more police in some areas.  It would involve community policing - police who develop social ties to the communities they police.  We need to move away from police that view civilians primarily as potental criminals, and toward police that view civilians as people they protect from crime.  That's true irrespective of the race of the community.

Quote:"Black Lives Matter too" would be fine, but the 3 words is a more compelling slogan in this case.

I challenge you to carry a sign saying "Black Lives Matter Too" to one of these protests.  You personally might actually be idealistic enough to want to improve things, but the people that organize to ensure this issue comes up only in election years don't.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts on the George Floyd protests - by Warren Dew - 06-09-2020, 02:00 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,720 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,585 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund