Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on the George Floyd protests
(06-09-2020, 05:32 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 04:59 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 03:36 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 03:22 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(06-09-2020, 01:11 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Yes, exactly.  That describes Democratswhite America perfectly.

Fixed it for you.

I don't know.  Not everybody who is white in America is as messed up as Warren.

... but that's still where the fault lies.  The argument that folks like us have been protected by white privilege tends to rankle, but it's still true.  I don't know about you, but I've never felt hopeless when dealing with law enforcement.  Even my one interrogation session with the FBI (back in the Vietnam protest days) was handled on a civil basis. I was grilled but never threatened in any way.  Would that have been true if I was black?  I honestly don't know.

I nave never felt so threatened.  My tennant?  There are bad cops that have faults other than racism, but your point is true enough.  I must admit the general law allowing other cops to be charged if they did not act against the bad deed and report the bad deed would have helped my tennant too.

A police officer doesn't have to be racist to get into a tragedy with a black person that he would not get into with a white suspect. Misunderstandings happen. Still, there is no excuse for keeping a knee planted on someone's throat.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts on the George Floyd protests - by pbrower2a - 06-10-2020, 01:56 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,830 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,919 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund