Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future
Some interesting responses on here. I have to say that from a more conservative prospective, it is disappointing that people on here seem enthusiastic about this potential future. But I have noticed that most of the members here tend to be to the left wing so it is expected to hear the responses.

Without further ado, let's start with....

Blazkovitz,

1) I think that overall your belief in the neverending technological progress of Humanity and the birth of some sort of technological singularity is quite a long way off, maybe even never. I was reading an interesting post by a guy I like to read called John Michael Greer who criticises the glorious technological future theory quite well.

For example, he uses the flying car theory and pulls it apart quite nicely. For decades they have been predicting a huge rise in mass forms of commercial technological that will radically revolutionise life as we know it. Yet it never happened and the last greatest invention was the internet.

Yet now that is starting to lose its ability to innovate and has essentially become a tapped out resource. What has been done has already been done and it is basically being used as a facebook dumping ground for the masses.

In other words, we've peaked out. The only thing left at this stage is genetic engineering but how far that will successfully go is another question. If I am to be honest, I do not think we will be seeing any major revolutionary advances this century.

Also your future, although you paint it as optimistic, scares the hell out of me. It is basically brave new world and I see it as a basically a the road to hell is paved with good intentions scenario. The idea of us losing our Humanity and becoming fully integrated into the machine I think leads to a dystopian future rather then anything positive.

2) To be honest I think this grand mixing experiment is starting to die down. From my own observations, the vast majority of people usually marry within their own racial or ethnic group. I'd say about 82 percent in Western countries and more closer to 98 percent in the east. The vast majority of mixing usually occurs in America.

I know of many young people where I am from in the UK who usually stay in the same communities their ancestors have lived in, marry someone local, have the usual 2 or 3 kids and continue the cycle. I was rather adventurous in marrying a Russian in that regard...

But the point is I think most people are genetically developed to marry within their own group or to someone very similar to themselves. It usually is even more prominent in Asian countries.

3) By Western standards I would be considered a Neoreactionary. By Russian standards I am considered centre right. I was once hosting a speaking club and a student honestly said to me that my views would be centrist in Russia...

So what is actually the political orientation in Russia?

Well the vast majority of the population would be considered centre right like myself, which would once again mean the entire population is neo reactionary. Even the liberals of Russia usually tend to be within this orientation.

To be right wing in Russia is to be a Putinist. Mother Russia is greatest country in all the world! Far Right is basically kill 'em all. Left wing ideas never do that well here and are usually seen as Western derived.

In the West, therefore, liberalism is too prominent within the societal structure meaning that right wing is really some form of liberalism.

4) Actually that isn't Putinist propaganda but the vast majority of ethnic groups in Russia get along. They live separately and usually marry within their own groups but overall there isn't any animosity and ever has been. 

Except for Chechnya but that was a weird case. Not even the Daghestani people have anything against Russia. Ukrainians only in Ukraine have issues with Russia but many actually come to immigrate to Russia and there is no major problems. 

I'd say this great melting pot concept is more of an American thing if I am honest.

Now for Eric...,

You know Eric, I actually want to apologise to you. I think we got off on the wrong foot and have been in this sort of cold war since. What do you say we let bygones be bygones, shake hands and just get on? I like posting here, you like posting here, so let's be big men about it, eh? If your ever in Russia or I'm ever in America, I'll buy you a beer sometime.

Anyway in response to your main post...

I think that overall it is naive to assume all the races to mix together in 200 years. I think this is a very American phenomenon and not likely the main outcome in the rest of the world. As I mentioned before, the vast majority of people marry within their own race and conservative attitudes towards race mixing tend to be more prevalent in Europe and to a greater extent in Asia and Africa.

Despite being democracies, Japan and South Korea still refuse to accept refugees into their countries and only usually marry within their own group. Same with China. Due to a lack of marriage parners, rather then marry outside the race, they are doing what they did in the past and marrying people closest to them racial wise. In Japan's case this would be Koreans, Chinese and if they feel more adventurous, Filipinos and Thai's. This usually happens once every so many centuries in these countries until things stabilise and they start to focus on being "the cleanest race" again. 

As for Europe, it's less conservative then Asia but way more conservative then say the U.S. I would honestly say the only major change for Europe has been less group intermarriage and more marriage between fellow Europeans. But this is mainly amongst the middle classes.

I'll go a step further and say that rather then a coffee coloured future, it is likely European starts to dismantle some of its traditional nation states and reshapes itself into new regions, very similar to what happened with the German states before Bismarckian unification.

Still, your views are very American and I agree that for America, it is the likely future. As a friend of mine from Finland once jokingly noted to me, "in America, 1/3 of the population will deliberately shag outside their race. 1/3 will not shag outside the group. The remaining 1/3 do not care who they shag." He also noted that America's future is likely to be the orange man from South Park.

Anyway, no hard feelings.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future - by Isoko - 06-12-2020, 08:07 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum Scrap Recycling: The Key to a Sustainable Future RecyclecurseWK 0 311 09-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: RecyclecurseWK
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,259 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,919 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police Dan '82 0 1,899 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Dan '82