Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future
(06-14-2020, 03:13 PM)taramarie Wrote: I am not American, but given my recent move to Slovakia from New Zealand i can tell you NZ will always be my home. It is a part of me and any time i hear someone speaking english, i am drawn to that person. It is not a part of me to speak slovak, to live in a new culture. I do not mix well together in my new country and therefore it is not a part of who i am. i for one would be drawn to people who come from where i come from. Sadly there are no other kiwi's in Slovakia. This does not make me a racist for wanting to cling to something familiar and pull away from the unknown. But rather i miss what i am used to and a bit of home would make me feel like i have a bit of home away from home. You simply cannot have people from all sorts of backgrounds and expect to get along in one place as there would of course be a culture clash and arguments can come from confusion. I have had this happen already here in Slovakia. New societal pressures and a new culture. It makes me uncomfortable at times and id feel much happier with what feels more authentic to me. You can take the kiwi out of NZ but you cannot take the culture out of the kiwi. Unrealistic to believe it will happen. However are American lefties acting and believing in a blended culture where everyone gets along with everyone? Surely they realize that just is not possible. This is not possible with anything really. People will always fragment and stereotype and hate on whatever feels unfamiliar or whatever does not blend with their beliefs, regardless of culture. Always has been the way, always will be i imagine.

Why are you living in Slovakia?  I am an American, I don't want to live somewhere where they don't speak English.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum Scrap Recycling: The Key to a Sustainable Future RecyclecurseWK 0 311 09-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: RecyclecurseWK
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,263 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,924 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police Dan '82 0 1,899 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Dan '82