Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future
(06-15-2020, 07:45 PM)Tim Randal Walker Wrote: I recall a magazine article that predicted that eventually all races would mix...eventually resulting in a single blended population.  It was suggested that everyone would resemble Polynesians in appearance.

So racism would fade away, because there would only be one race.

But....

Humanity has an ornery streak.  People would find some reason to hate each other.  Maybe they will hate each other for having different religions, different political ideologies, for speaking different languages, etc.

One might assume that such differences would be put aside by people of good will.  But in large groups, there are never enough people of good will to completely over come that ornery streak.

There does seem to be an ornery streak. I am very disappointed that many people I know who profess liberal and/or spiritual ideals are still ornery, and that they mistreat me and my friends. I don't exclude myself. The groups are becoming obsolete, but the ornery streak may take longer to root out. It will take spiritual evolution, since ornery streaks come mostly from the anxious impulses within us that we have not yet learned to deal with very well. Gautama the Buddha remains the greatest psychologist in human history, and maybe the first.

I trust that humans have evolved in the past and will continue to do so, generally speaking. I see that the arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice. Democracy in The West and in its former colonies is evidence of this, and so is that much-hated organization the United Nations. Wars still happen but are declining.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future - by Eric the Green - 06-16-2020, 03:28 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum Scrap Recycling: The Key to a Sustainable Future RecyclecurseWK 0 314 09-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: RecyclecurseWK
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,300 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 61,003 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police Dan '82 0 1,900 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Dan '82