Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So Trump isn't THAT BAD?
I have another diagnosis. Your website poster is correct about a lot of things, especially that the USA has never developed a character or had a golden age because of this saeculum cycle. That is a clue that it is dysfunctional. The USA and its culture is still primitive, and cannot endure as it is. Perhaps it won't; most powers and empires arrive at their prime and then fail, and new ones arise. I think ours is much like Rome; it will continue for another 400 years, but it will go through constant decay from now on, or at least so it appears. Our chance for a real golden age came in the late 20th century, and we blew that chance.

Mysticism never fails, though. It is not just a 2T fad. It endures as the basic truth of all. It doesn't matter if USA people don't pay attention to it, except that, in not paying attention to it, we fail. Your writer did not dwell on the failures of the 1T, just the other turnings. I think the 2T is the best. Mysticism and spirituality is the ground of all being and the basis of societies that last. It is the spiritual basis of life and society, not the material, that the USA neglects. That is ultimately fatal. Other societies have always had this basis, and not just for one turning, but throughout. Properly understood, it forms the basis of success in all endeavors, and during all turnings. Properly understood, it informs all activities and motivates them, including the needs of what we call physical or material life. It provides the needed guidance at all times. It is not escapist, but life itself.

The USA is materialist, and materialistic. That is its undoing.

Donald Trump is Exhibit A.

Jesus said, seek first the glory of God, and divine righteousness, and all else will be added. Words to live by.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by pbrower2a - 06-22-2020, 10:13 AM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by User3451 - 06-22-2020, 08:04 PM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by pbrower2a - 06-23-2020, 03:07 AM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by Eric the Green - 06-29-2020, 03:38 PM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by pbrower2a - 06-29-2020, 04:05 PM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by Captain Genet - 03-14-2021, 06:29 AM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by pbrower2a - 03-14-2021, 09:47 AM
RE: So Trump isn't THAT BAD? - by David Horn - 03-14-2021, 11:07 AM