Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The cancer infecting the political Left
(08-07-2020, 10:04 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(08-07-2020, 09:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Ragnarök_62
(07-31-2020, 07:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The social security fund gets more than it needs. Extra funds are stolen from SS to pay for other things. What other things? Things we liberals live on? Mostly for the military and the national debt to pay for your wars. We've got to win so much that we get tired of winning, right? National debt consists mostly of military spending and interest on the debt, plus the Obama stimulus that Trump is benefiting from and which was made necessary by your guy Bush. Now we have to add a lot to the debt to help YOU PEOPLE (small and big business profits and "working Americans"), and for unemployment benefits, to pay for the Trump Virus.
The Social Security Trust Fund has already been spent and is currently being tapped to cover the shortfall between the wage earners and recipients. We are paying for China's virus not Trump's virus. See, you're still thinking like a Democrat too. Dude, the bulk of Obama's stimulus went to shoring up Obama's base and about a quarter went to fixing some roads. The Obama stimulus was probably the biggest political scam in US history. I take that back, it's probably tied with Obamacare and Trump-Russian collusion. I watched that dip shit playing his partisan politics during the funeral the other day.

Yes, the SS trust fund was stolen to pay for all of those stupid wars of choice and tax cuts for the fat cats.  The solution is to stop wasting money like that. Let's undo every tax cut since Reagan was elected and cut the military budget by 90%.  The US spends 10 times on the military than the next big spender. There's the waste fraud and abuse the Republicans always bitch about. If Republicans care about the deficit, they can fix that stuff. Uh, it's not "China's virus."  The US due to privatize everything, was a sitting duck. The corona virus arrived by the planeload because the US DIDN'T DO FUCKING SHIT TO KEEP IT OUT.  Only idiocy or incompetence make stuff like this happen. Guess what? It's gonna get worse, because the US has no clue and when folks are scared to go out now and when it gets worse, the fewer folks go out for good reason. Nobody wants to get sick. And yes, I really do want the stock market to crash, because it means nothing. I'd like a 90% crash , thank you, so I can buy stocks at the proper price. Here's another observation. The US social contract is to get a job [if you can], and spend you money. That's it, nothing more. If you can't get a job, then it's the streets for you.  I can, of course just fuck off my part of the bargain and not spend, or just get clothes from a 2nd hand store. I don't have to participate in a system that's no good.  I'll keep voting to butter my bread since that's the American way as exemplified by the fatcats.  If Warren Buffet can have a lower tax rate than I do, then I can go back to the 1970's way and ignore the , buy, buy , go into debt racket. Speaking of rackets, that's most of the US economy.  We have a healthcare racket, a college education racket, rental rackets in assorted cities, Big Food racket, Big Oil racket, and on and on, and on. I don't care if rackets crash and burn either.

It was primarily used to bring a timely end to the Soviet Union. Dude, our government has spent 80 years wasting American money on all kinds of shit. I've always been a patriotic American  who could give two shits less about the Democratic party and the Liberal elites who largely fund and control it these days. We have all kinds of big government related rackets for a bunch of rich idiots to get richer with these days. I mean, look at Biden. Would Biden be a multimillionaire today if he wasn't a life long Democratic politician?

Well, it was Trump who stated this fact that 6 trillion was wasted on wars of choice, not the Democrats.   Cool
https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/20...east-wars/
[ Trump exaggerated just a little bit. He's got that one right. ]

That's just for the stupid wars. I'd stuff for taking care of maimed veterans, money for useless things like the F-35, boats that don't float, and overpaid generals, etc. I'd also add money wasted on CIA missions like color revolutions as well.  None of those expenses are cold war related at all. This waste began after 911.  I think these addons would get the total to where Trump is at. Big Grin

Biden and Trump are both filthy rich.  I'm just OK with Democrats using money for Obamacare, the pandemic response team  that Trump got rid of before Corona, and the Democrats' for once looking out for the working class with enhanced unemployment payments and loan forgiveness.  So far, that's way better than what Trump wants which yawn, more tax cuts and less regulations like exposing workers to Covid at the workplace. If a workplace has the virus spreading, it needs to be shut down and the workers given unemployment payments. People who get a paycheck didn't cause this mess, so they shouldn't have to suffer as much. If that means the economy crashes, oh well. Pay folks enough to eat at least. Hungry folks are desperate folks. I don't want that because it's very destabilizing to say the least. The same goes for housing. People left in the streets no  under their own freewill is just bad, not in the least because they become virus vectors. If indifferent companies like meatpackers pack their employees like sardines without personal protection, then yeah sure, shut them down. Meat packer counties in Oklahoma have lots of cases, which why I know they are a problem. They should pay for their incompetence. Folks who work don't get breaks so why should corporations?  Corporations are people too, so they should get sick by having their revenue stream disappear.
I'm OK with the Democrats shutting down cheap meat packing plants that mainly employ cheap immigrants (legal or illegal) that provide cheap food for cheap people like you to eat. I think it would be a major mistake but whatever the Democrats seem know what's best for Democrats and you seem to be on board with the Democratic way of thinking. Well, have fun starving and dealing with hungry people as you're waiting for couple of disconnected multi-millionaires/ aristocrats named Nancy and Chuck to figure it out and maybe do something about it or possibly ignore it or whatever. Like I said, I'll go in with a Republican minded friend and buy a fucking cow to eat as your waiting for free food.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The cancer infecting the political Left - by Classic-Xer - 08-08-2020, 01:17 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 366 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,537 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 655 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 742 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 650 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
  Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? Einzige 66 46,420 03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,332 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,230 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,381 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,482 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin