Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How the Counterculture created the Reagan Revolution

Reagan arose to oppose the counter-culture, and that's what he did. He wanted to return the kids back to the values of the 1950s. Once the moral majority and Reaganomics took hold, some former hippies went that way. Unravelling trends had some sway. Most of the Reagan fans though were not part of the counter-culture at all. The moral majority and reaganomics believers were from a different part of the country where the counter-culture didn't penetrate too far. The Reagan movement arose to reverse all the cultures and movements of the sixties, and to protect the economic powers against the sixties movements, including the consumer, ecological, peace and feminist/gay liberation movements, and to make society much more poor so people would not indulge in immoral parties and take drugs or explore non-christian religions in order to expand consciousness and thus question authority. The purpose of Reaganomics was to make people work all day long in order to afford the higher prices that Reaganomics imposed upon them. It was thus entirely opposed to the counter-culture and its later expressions.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: How the Counterculture created the Reagan Revolution - by Eric the Green - 07-29-2020, 07:50 AM