Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The failure of the Democratic Party
The first post is total nonsense from top to bottom. Trump is never going to enact single-payer or raise the minimum wage. What delusional crap! The Trump admin is a fascist corporate takeover. Any Trumpian rhetoric to the contrary was clever during the campaign, but it was all a ruse to get white working class support. The Trump admin has not the slightest intention of doing anything for workers.

The Democrats cannot win without the 60s coalition of people or color, women and gays. Republican strategy is to divide and conquer, so that whites blame their fellow victims of corporate malfeasance and power-grabbing, instead of the real cause. It worked in 2016, by 77,700 votes only. It can be reversed, unless Trump is allowed to rig the system so thoroughly that democracy is effectively killed.

Only a continuing movement like we saw in the women's marches and at airports against visa and refugee bans will revitalize the Democrats. It must be broad-based and emphasize working class issues, no doubt. But they can't ditch their allies in the 60s movements. They must debunk the divide and conquer strategy instead. The 99% are all in the same boat; we need to unite and change the captains. Are we the people ruling this country, or only the wealthy and powerful who want to take away health insurance and keep wages low? It's your choice, folks.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The failure of the Democratic Party - by Eric the Green - 02-04-2017, 02:37 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,953 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 39,054 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit