Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The failure of the Democratic Party
(02-04-2017, 06:53 PM)SomeGuy Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 04:54 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-04-2017, 04:19 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: If that's what y'all are pinning your hopes...  Undecided 

I don't know about that. But the record for my scoring system is pretty good, wouldn't you say?

http://philosopherswheel.com/presidentialelections.html

see who scored what

Yes, you have successfully predicted the Presidents who have previously won.  Good job. How did your system work in 2016? Wink

I was thinking that I failed, yes. Too bad for me.

But then, I remembered that the two indicators I put the most stake in, both worked! The new moon before election method predicted the party in power would win. But whenever the popular vote and the electoral college have conflicted, the new moon before the election reflected the popular will and the popular vote, not the electoral. It was correct in 2016. The party in power won the popular vote easily. And my point system always gave the advantage to Donald Trump as the better candidate. Usually, the higher-scoring candidate wins. So yes, my system worked, even if I didn't work. 2016 is included in my list of who scored what, ya know Smile

So yes, it actually worked. But I admit, I was biased, and also I just made some plain errors; it takes me a while to get things right. I actually included a Hillary win and Trump loss in my stats for the point system, noting in my notes that their scores would change a bit if she lost; and left out some things by mistake. So Hillary's score ends up as even lower than before. I thought Jupiter rising would give her a boost, and it did, but not quite enough as I thought it might. It's all indicated on my page what happened. And there is uncertainty about her birth time, and I chose the chart that not only seemed correct, but was the better chart for winning.

Remember too virtually no-one except me predicted the success and nomination of Trump back many months before it happened, and even back in July 2015 after I saw his chart. His chart alone convinced me. And the success of the Bernie Sanders campaign too, back when it was at 2% in the polls. And other events too in the campaign. So all in all, I actually did pretty well.

And my system is not entirely new, though revised for 2016. I successfully used it in the previous 3 elections as well.

The whole point is, regardless of correct strategies, appealing to the right people, running a good campaign, even how the party in power is doing as Lichtman says; if a party chooses a candidate with a lower score than the opposition, you probably won't win. And the popular vote is probably predestined too, at least to a large extent, by which sign ruler (Asc ruler for challenger, or Desc for champ) is highest in the sky, and by whether or not Uranus is doing some rumbling down near the bottom of the chart.

I love Elizabeth Warren. But what would you guess her chart says about whether she could win a race for president or not?

These things are pretty easy to guess. People really ARE reflected in their charts.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The failure of the Democratic Party - by Eric the Green - 02-04-2017, 07:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,903 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,873 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit