Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The failure of the Democratic Party
(02-04-2017, 08:37 PM)Marypoza Wrote: Eric, refresher course: $hillary $hilled NAFTA to  Bill, she helped write the TPP, calling it the "gold standard" (well yeah-  for transnationals) seriously, your excuses for that goldwater bitch are beyond pathetic & bordering on the delusional. I don't like the Donald being in the WH either, but l gotta admit we dodged a bullet last Nov

You stated she can't be blamed for any erroneous policy strategy. Why the f not? She helped shaped that policy, she should take the fall. She doesn't take responsibility for anything. Instead she blames Comey, bambam, the Russians, us deplorable voters..... she's  not even pathetic. And she's not even a leader, much less a bad one.

She is a good leader, just not a good campaigner to beat Trump. She would have been a good president; just my opinion.

Debating about her seems irrelevant. why do you keep doing it? We need to get over it, grow a backbone and defeat the Republican corporate takeover. Warren understood that meddling in the primaries would just have stoked division among Democrats; that's not a winning strategy.

I mentioned Hillary because the opening post talks about the campaign strategy and approach of the Democratic party that supposedly emphasized "identity politics" (not called that in Mickey's post; it was more like "let's blame whites") over economic issues. Hillary can't be blamed for any erroneous policy strategy, I said, because there WAS no erroneous policy strategy of the kind mentioned in the opening post. There were tactical errors, and she was not a good candidate in several ways, but it was not wrong to appeal to people of color, women and gays as she did, because they are essential to any Democratic coalition. That was not a mistake; Democrats MUST do that to have any chance at all to win. You don't seem to get that, or that this is what I'm saying. And Hillary and other Democrats DID NOT fail to focus on economic issues of concern to workers, as Mickey alleged. Just not true, as I proved.

I think her change of mind on TPP (and NAFTA was George H W Bush's law, not hers) was genuine, and we have to disagree on that. It doesn't matter. We agree future candidates must take a stronger approach on trade than Hillary did, and we agree on the issue. Let's hope Democrats field a candidate with a good enough horoscope score to beat Trump, progressive enough to lead the fight, and with a broad enough appeal to unite the opposition. It will be a tall order.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The failure of the Democratic Party - by Eric the Green - 02-04-2017, 10:35 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,957 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 39,088 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit