Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long term economic trends and what they imply
(03-03-2017, 07:23 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: I can see stopping H1Bs for coders and various more common engineering disciplines.

However, there is still a need.

I hired people from other countries to do jobs they were the 1 in 1000 person for. These were global experts in their fields. The normal MO was, they came to school in the US. Then more school. These were people with an MS or PhD. They got a Practical Training Visa and started to build a career network. These were like super new grads. Maybe even 1 in 10000 or 1 in 100000. I'd rather have them working for me than a competitor, or even worse, an offshore competitor. Every one of them got a Green Card and then became a Citizen. I personally helped make America more great.

1.  I'm sorry, but I disagree. 
a. Coding in general is easy.  Now if some company needs something special, they need to set up this thing, called a paid internship. I even had those. So , if a company needs coding for app type X, with programming language Y, they need to go back to the early 1980's and do what they used to before all of fucking Neoliberalism crap happened.
b. Experts can be cloned for the right price here in the USA.
c. Let's just substitute "they" with "US citizens who can get "Practical Training and use now, Facebook or whatever to build a career network.
d. Bottom line. Would be H1B employers just need to man up and allocate resources to train the proper man power. Just have a contract that states you must work for sponsor country A in exchange for working there for Z years. 
e.Bottom line 2.  Foreign competition.  I'd make a special tax of $100,000 per violation + back taxes + 5 years in Pelican Bay for the senior management that dares to hire furreners instead of paying US labor.

2.  I guess you can continue to use that, given the run to the bottom current law that all needs to be swept aside.  I support making Middle aged Americans great again by shutting off access to cheap furring labor. Let's call it, MMAAGA  I think all tech companies need to go contrite themselves, agree to rehire all American tech workers + college STEM folks, train them, and then rehire them.  That's the just and righteous way to start fixing what Neoliberalism/NeoCON   Axis of Evil :Cool destroyed since 1980.

And... let me remind you, extremism in defense of economic justice is no vice. And also let me remind you, moderation in pursuit of worker's rights is no virtue.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread