Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Neil Howe: Where did Steve Bannon get his worldview? From my book.
(04-11-2017, 01:11 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: <snip>

And the constitution does not need to be amended; only the recent Scalia interpretation, and perhaps not even a change to that (which may be relevant with the new Gorsuck Court). Fully-constitutional gun controls could ignite the gun nuts anyway, who have no understanding of the constitution. They think the 2nd amendment means that no regulation is needed of the militia, which is patently false and ignores the 2nd.

Look, Eric. Why the fuck are the "urban Liberals"  having such a cow on the 2nd amendment?
Now, if the Democrats want to achieve anything, they need to let go of all of these culture wars issues.
If you want Democrats to win in say , Oklahoma, concentrate on economics like Sanders did. He won Oklahoma, remember. If you want Red States to have Democratic wins, the party needs to defer to local wishes on crap like gun control and unite on economic issues. Here's the thing, Red states can be in the Democratic column is they discard the losing deuce of clubs [gun control] and keep the Ace of economic issues. I know this. A practical economic issue campaign will be the winning formula. I'd also include anything that reduces the costs of jail birds.  IOW, just buy off the gun folks with a common economic agenda and the Democrats will go far.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: Neil Howe: Where did Steve Bannon get his worldview? From my book. - by Ragnarök_62 - 04-11-2017, 05:08 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Were Strauss & Howe Wrong? Anthony '58 3 1,680 06-04-2023, 09:38 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Trump, Bannon and the Coming Crisis TeacherinExile 234 137,605 08-21-2017, 03:42 PM
Last Post: Kinser79
  Steve Bannon is obsessed with The Fourth Turning Dan '82 17 11,839 02-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a