Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T?
(03-02-2017, 06:50 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It seems so, although the music of the last 4T was good in places but not overwhelmingly so. But there were some good romantic tunes and some big band classics. I and others picked out favorites on the thread in the entertainment forum called "the best songs ever." There's also a thread about the best songs of today's 4T.

I found the best way to listen today is to fish around on you tube; not the radio, whose stations are controlled by a few media conglomerates and their careful marketing strategy to make the big bucks from the lowest common denominator. That's a big factor about why this 4T sucks; the Republicans gave us Reaganomics, and that has concentrated our economy into a few greedy hands (and now their president has small hands).

2012 was a good year, and that and the surrounding years were better for pop music than the two or three decades preceding it, even though it's superficial stuff (like the music of the previous 4T). That made me "Happy." It was a "Good Time." But now, I'm not sure there's much worthwhile going on.

I agree 2012 had a lot better music than now. For some reason the very early 4T had a lot better music. It was happier. Now it's just nothing. I don't know if this will continue throughout this 4T or not.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T? - by disasterzone - 03-02-2017, 10:16 AM