Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T?
Quote:I can't argue about Pink Floyd, being a very early fan myself, I'll still stand by the Beatles, since they tried so many genres and did well with all of them.  Michael Stipe from REM had the same opinion you hold, but decided he was wrong after he examined the full output they generated.  As he later admitted, they influenced many who weren't even aware of it, himself included.

They were over rated, and are over rated. I won't deny their influence and their skill with many different genres.  Michael Stipe should have kept his original opinion as it is the correct opinion.

Quote:Yes, more performers and songwriters can be heard and gain an audience, but the audiences are becoming more and more fragmented.  Other than Lady Gaga, whatever you think of her, name one group with the massive size and range of audience their predecessors could muster.

I like Lady Gaga's music.  When it comes to politics I think she should shut up because no one cares (and I say the same thing about other celebutards).  But to answer your question I can think of three right of the top of my head.  Daddy Yankee (Reggaeton), Pitbull (Latin Pop) and Enrique Iglacias (Latin Pop).

And Marc Antony is pretty popular.

I'd argue anyone who doesn't like this song is spiritually dead.

Quote:Clear Channel Communications killed the radio star, or more accurately, homogenized them death.  The better stuff finds its way onto fringe stations of one type or another.  We have a locally owned 250W FM roots/alt-rock station near enough to me that I can pull it in.  I'm a fan.

No arguments there.  But terrestrial radio is so 20th century.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T? - by Kinser79 - 03-09-2017, 05:36 PM