Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T?
In my opinion, in this cycle there are two great moments of music - the late 60s and the early 90s. What do they have in common? One was the the peak of the Awakening and one was at the nadir of the Unraveling (like the flappers of the Lost Generation). As a Gen Xer I know the music of the early 90s will never get the credit it deserves, but it is phenomenal in terms of creativity, lyrics, and capturing an essence of youthful angst which was prevalent at the time. But the music of the early 90's was not for a broader audience outside the Generation that created it. They weren't the Beatles.

The late 60's did the same for the Baby Boom generation. Though I think 100 years from now historians will just say the Beatles revolutionized music and the next 50 years was just spin-offs of what they did. They would be largely correct. The Beatles are deserving of every bit of praise they get. The music is beautiful, deep, varied, evolving, and on the technological vanguard of the times. They are the best.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Why did the last 4T have so much better music than this 4T? - by Another Xer - 04-18-2018, 06:19 PM