Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
(07-20-2017, 11:14 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: I took an other extended break from the forum, and will likely be posting infrequently from here on out really.  I would say you're a early wave Xer Rags.  The way I break down the generations is pretty simple. 

Boomers remember JFK assignation but don't remember VJ day.
Xers Remember Challenger but not JFK
Millies remember 9-11 but not Challenger
Zeds (or Generation Z if you prefer) remember the crash of 08 but don't remember 9-11 (or if they do their recollection is extremely vague young childhood memories)

As you were all of a maximum age of 1 on 22 November 1963 you cannot be a boomer.  I would say your prophet tendencies are a result of being on the cusp, and personal experiences which the theory cannot account for.  S&H theory like Assimov's Psychohistory only really works on the mass level, with a preference for those masses being ignorant of its operation.
I'm with you until you get to the Homelanders, or as you call them, Zeds (I love that term, by the way).

Since there was only 7 years between 9/11 and the crash of 2008, you have a 7-year generation. You are describing a cusp, similar to that of the Jonesers, not a real generation.

But yes, Rags is absolutely an early wave Gen-Xer, with a few Prophet streaks, being a cusper. Smile

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which founding father are you most like? - by The Wonkette - 07-20-2017, 12:37 PM