Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It wasn't just Greece: Archaeologists find early democratic societies in the Americas
(07-05-2017, 09:44 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(03-19-2017, 01:38 PM)Odin Wrote: Fascinating Science article I ran into!

More like bureaucracy than democracy, given what they're saying is just that it wasn't a monarchy, not that there was any actual voting involved.  I'm also unsure that being beaten with spiked whips makes one more qualified for office.
Said article stated that sadism was a pre selector for those standing for office.  That's outdated 'cause we have a have a new way of the pre selector. Said pre selector is itself freely chosen. That makes it American and all. This pre selector is booze + voluntary hazing + go to colledge.  So here's a theory wrt dysfunctional democracy. It's the college,frat/soro/do booze all have a sort property.
Like go to Ivy league, form connections with future cronies, lay off the booze, but frat/soro .  Here one has to juggle the frat/soro with booze level low enough so as not to screw up college. This means this person is perfect for politics. Balances conflicting goal, has backup cronies, and has a cherry on top, pedigree degree. Hazing makes the old new again. Ppl. choose torture to get places. OTOH, you're boozer becomes your loser because high booze intake messes up staying in college.  So, here it's very bad. Student debt, but no degree. I do see a route for the every so often humdrum. In some cases you're used car salesman can have bright prospects in politics.  Just add low information voter and just sell yourself like your product. If you're a CEO or the like, just buy whatever office you want. It's a hot market.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: It wasn't just Greece: Archaeologists find early democratic societies in the Americas - by Ragnarök_62 - 07-05-2017, 10:38 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Remembering the early 80s in SoCal X_4AD_84 0 1,987 09-23-2016, 08:41 PM
Last Post: X_4AD_84