Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Here is an example of how government creates problems.
(05-20-2017, 07:12 PM)Galen Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 10:33 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(05-19-2017, 05:48 AM)Galen Wrote: Here is an example of how government creates problems that the free market solves quite easily.

Right, red tape is a problem, I also hate red tape. And yet, there are things that government does better than the private sector.

I'm not into something like "Nuclear Weapons International, Inc. "

Given the competence shown by the US government at Hanford I really don't see the problem.

You are starting to show Eric the Obtuse levels of clueless here Alphabet.

Hanford?  Really?  This is a WW-II site that was contaminated before we actually understood the extent of what that means.  Even at that, they put it where it is because it sits in a desert.  More to the point, it made the materials that ended that war, for good or ill, so it had to be somewhere.

I worked on nuclear remediation at one point in my career.  Everyone familiar with Hanford assumed it was beyond redemption.  How do you mitigate billions of cubic yards of contaminated soil?  In the early '90s, the estimate to get the job done was $50Biillion.  That's roughly $100Billion in today's money.  Worse, it was expected to take 30+ years to finish.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The End of Work, and therefore of "less government" memes Eric the Green 47 39,854 03-11-2021, 10:56 AM
Last Post: David Horn