Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
(05-23-2016, 03:30 AM)Galen the Clueless Wrote:
(05-23-2016, 01:50 AM)Eric the Obtuse Wrote: Galen the Clueless does not understand that libertarian economics has been implemented in the last 40 years to the extent that its slogans of "less government" have been used to block almost every proposal of reform and problem solution that has been made on the grounds that it is government action. Of course it does not fulfill the libertarian ideal, because it is just a ruse to keep the rich in power. But the libertarian ideal would just be a more extreme version of empowering the rich than the phony Republican version.

Once again you have demonstrated your crystal clear anti-logic.  I am pretty sure that Obozocare is not a libertarian program.  Libertarians have been pushing for spending cuts for decades.  I am pretty sure that it wasn't libertarians that were pushing for bank bailouts or the monetary printing spree the Fed embarked on.  Then there is that little matter of having the NSA spy on everybody and then there is the TSA.
It doesn't matter if a few tidbits like a massively-watered-down version of socialized medicine managed to get through after 35 years of YOUR economic policies, and CONTINUED policies for these last 7. YOUR guys have continued to block legislation and executive action on almost everything else for 40 years and counting. YOUR guys may continue to support many anti-libertarian policies that I also oppose, but honesty and truth is not what YOUR guys are interested in; they are only interested in protecting their profits from liberals. And that is the ONLY real effect or purpose of libertarian economics.

Quote:I would not call any of these things a victory for libertarians.  Apparently, in the Bizzaro world that you live in they do.  You really need to ease off the mind altering substances because you don't have the brain cells to spare.

I know; that's why I stopped what little I was doing somewhere about the same time that YOUR guys took over and started running the show.

I like your signature quote from Mencken better than Clueless Mises, but what you neglect to realize is that your libertarian ideas are idealistic and utopian. They have never been implemented and never CAN be implemented. But the slogans that convince people that they can be, put out by faux libertarians like Reagan, and paid for by libertarians like the Koch Brothers, do enormous damage.

No, materialism in its various forms is indeed the malady, even if idealism in every form is not always a good cure.

What IS OR IS NOT real "libertarian" may be YOUR concern, but it has little to do with whether the dollar will be devalued or which policies will help or hurt the economy.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Eric the Green - 05-23-2016, 11:27 AM
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,996 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58