Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
(05-23-2016, 11:54 PM)Galen Wrote: I am simply amazed by your ability to ignore all of the facts in pursuit of blaming libertarians for what has been going on for 40 years.  It is quite an achievement for a political party that holds no national offices.  Anybody who know anything about the libertarians know that the spending cuts they would implement, given the chance, would dwarf anything that the hated Paul Ryan has ever come up with.
I suppose so, and that's why they would be more dangerous.

Libertarians got their slogans adopted by the Republicans; that's all that they needed to accomplish in order to ruin the nation these last 35-plus years.

Quote:I put a Mises quote back in since you like him so much.  I doubt you are qualified to have an opinion on Mises because it is unlikely that you have read anything he wrote.
I wouldn't be caught dead reading Mises. I've seen enough of his quotes and enough discussion of him to know better.

Quote:  I would also not that for at least the first century of its existence the US was about as close to libertarians as the world has ever seen.  In fact it did very well until the Progressive Era when things started seriously to go downhill.
I suppose, if you would rather just forget that Alexander Hamilton ever existed.

Quote:Here you might want to hear what some libertarians have to say about the Koch brothers and why so many avoid the Cato Institute.

Ah, just select the libertarians you want and avoid the fact that Koch and Cato are libertarians.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Eric the Green - 05-24-2016, 11:18 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,992 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58