Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
(05-24-2016, 01:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: But of course Republicans use libertarian rhetoric but don't follow through, at least not as much as libertarians want. That's what I've been saying, as you would know if you could read properly.

They don't follow through at all.  Which is why government spending and bureaucracy are completely out of control which is just the opposite of what a libertarian would do.  I can read properly you just can't figure out what a libertarian is or what the Non-Aggression principle implies.

(05-24-2016, 01:08 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: But the Republicans followed through for you guys pretty well where it counts: the rich have gotten richer because of their policies, and the poor have gotten poorer. Just what you want!

As long as it doesn't break my leg or pick my pockets, I really don't care what people do.  I don't even worry if someone has more than I do or less.  I am too busy running my life to worry about it.  What the government does is pick my pocket and give it to people who didn't work for it and don't deserve the fruits of my labor.  The legions of bureaucrats and financial institutions that keep getting tax dollars through bailouts come to mind.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Galen - 05-25-2016, 12:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,996 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58