Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
What Galen the Clueless doesn't understand, is that the fallibility of the people applies to free market conservatives like himself, as well as to police, judges, politicians, etc. It is just up to the people to be as good as they can be, whether they are in business or government, and up to the people themselves to make things right, rather than accept their fallibility. And when the people's representatives write laws and constitutions, and they are upheld through a judicial process, then we have a system to protect us that at least transcends the passions, greed and corruptions of the moment. A democratic government, even a partially-democratic one like ours, at least offers the people a voice in creating justice and peace in the country. Against bad business alone, there is really no recourse. If free enterprise is left to its own devices, it becomes the government and dominates the market so that the people have no voice. Of course, if government is left to its own devices, it becomes corrupt. So, neither should be "trusted." The people get both the government and the market they deserve.

If the people are stupid and vote for the stupid party, then we deserve what we get. If we vote for creepy, greedy right-wing ideologues like the Republicans in congress, and fraudulent, lying carnival barkers like Donald Drumpf, then we deserve what we get. If we pay attention to Libertarian ideologues like Galen, we deserve what we get.

There really is no escape from these facts. Recognize them, or be blind and dumb.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Eric the Green - 06-01-2016, 12:42 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,992 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58