Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst?
(06-04-2016, 07:32 AM)Mikebert Wrote: [Mike]I don't understand.  If the Fed is doing massively stupid things then why would you buy any financial asset?  You wouldn't.  So where's the problem?

Maybe he buys the same sort of financial assets I do.  The precious metals complex is a wonderful way to bet against FED stupidity. Btw, the latest and greatest stupid move of the FED is they may do the same stupid thing the ECB is doing.  Negative interest rates. The effect of negative interest rates is close to a floor inflation rate. So... it's party like the 1970's and drive demand forward.  If I see that again, I'd buy lots of toilet paper [Venezuela anyone?] . The goal becomes to get rid of excess currency or accounts denominated in said currency.  I'd start saving in food and water. Pinto beans, rye, millet last a while. I'd certainly do my part to increase demand, but I don't think hoarding is what they have in mind. Cool
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
Ornery, take 2 - by Ragnarök_62 - 05-26-2016, 02:12 AM
RE: Anyone willing to bet on a devaluation of the dollar when all the debt bubbles burst? - by Ragnarök_62 - 06-04-2016, 04:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Great Devaluation TeacherinExile 59 47,990 03-03-2020, 10:46 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  WHITE HOUSE: Student debt is good for the economy MillsT_98 4 4,824 07-28-2016, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58